I advise nonprofit and philanthropic organizations on catalyzing social change and equity through investments in collaborative leadership and systems and policy change.
- Research and strategic planning for organizations, programs and initiatives
- Planning and facilitating meetings and convenings
- Coaching and mentoring for organizational leaders
How I work: I don’t use cookie-cutter approaches and templates. Each project is different, and I work to assess clients’ needs and goals to design and carry out processes customized to each situation. No matter the task, I strive to always act consistently with my values.
Clients and Projects have included:
- 211 San Diego – Developing organizational strategic plan through research and stakeholder engagement process
- Carl and Roberta Deutsch Foundation – Researched and developed plan for place-based initiative on homelessness and facilitated community advisory group that provided funding recommendation to foundation trustees and staff
- Cedars-Sinai – Developed strategic plan for housing and homelessness initiative and oversaw first round of funding
- Chan Zuckerberg Initiative – Organized a December 2019 convening for philanthropic funders on California homelessness and housing policy
- CSH – Co-lead project to research and advocate for voice and power for people with lived expertise of homelessness in Los Angeles
- FrameWorks Institute – Designed and facilitated organizational strategic planning
- Funders for Housing and Opportunity – Researched and provided recommendations for community advisory process to inform funding approaches and strategies.
- Housing California – Project management for Roadmap HOME 2030, a collaboration with California Housing Partnership and a broad stakeholder coalition
- Housing Justice LA Summit – Organized and produced the January 2020 Summit
- Measure of America – Developing and advising on content and roll-out of 2021 Portrait of California report
- PATH – Developed organizational strategic plan through research and stakeholder engagement process
- Richmond Memorial Health Foundation – Moderated National Advisory Board meeting on health and housing
- St. Joseph Center – Co-facilitated board discussion on racial equity
- Swipe Out Hunger – Planned and facilitated board strategic planning retreat
- Weingart Foundation – Researched and developed strategic direction for housing and homelessness funding and advised on implementation